Spring is here! (Finally!) Around this time of year, everyone needs a good reset. Spring cleaning is a must and here are some ways to ensure your house will look as good as new this spring season.
- Create a plan- The first and most important step is to make a plan before starting anything. When trying to conquer this daunting task, it is so easy to get overwhelmed, stressed out, and want to quit. The most important thing is just knowing where to start, so sit down and write a plan so you know where to start and where to go from there.
- Declutter your home- It can be easy to let some spaces in your home get filled up my miscellaneous items/junk. Go through each room and make sure only necessities and minimal decor are in sight. After everything is decluttered, it will make you feel instantly more relieved and more happy about your home and what it looks like. If need be, you can even go through and figure out what items you would like to keep and figure out a couple of items that you can donate/sell.
- Deep clean- Once you have decluttered your house it is time to get down and dirty in spring cleaning and deep clean anything and everything. This is the perfect time to reach the spots that are most typically forgotten about or overlooked. Go beyond your normal cleaning routine and get all the small crevices. These include inside of drawers and cabinets, ovens, microwaves, and other appliances, as well as carpets, windows, and curtains.
- Organize- Now it’s time to organize your house and make it unique to how you want it. Be creative with this. Organize and put things in places exactly how you want it and find what works best for you. Everyone has certain things they do in their home to make their daily routines efficient. Maybe try a different pantry look and throw out all the old and uneaten food. Change out the décor for the new spring season. Some ideas are to make the colors brighter to resemble the sun and warm weather. Add some floral arrangements/plants to add some green and life into your home. This is the time to truly make your house feel like home.
- Take it one room at a time- It is important to not overwhelm yourself. Once you start one task make sure to finish it before even thinking about moving on to the next thing on your checklist. It is highly recommended that you do one room at a time and not bounce between different rooms trying to finish different tasks.
- Have fun & reward yourself- Make it fun for yourself. Play your favorite music and dance around so it doesn’t feel like such a chore. Get some help if you are a person that loves to conquer things with a partner in crime. Give the kids a task, your spouse, invite some friends over and make this a time that everyone looks forwards to instead of dreads. Once you’re done with a task, room, and especially the whole thing, take a break and reward yourself whether it’s just going for a walk, getting off your feet, or getting a quick bite to eat or drink. You deserve it!
Spring cleaning can be such a daunting task that seems like it’s almost impossible, but by following these few simple tips and tricks it can totally change the entire experience. It will be so rewarding to make your house feel so refreshed while entering a new season. You will want to show off your house to everyone you know! The hardest thing is starting, but once you do you will be unstoppable. There’s no better time than right now so get up and start!