Out with the old, in the with the new.
If you are like me, after the holidays, I de-clutter, clean, and revive the home. I go through each room and tidy up- getting rid of unused items, change around the decor, and give each room a deep cleaning. Something about the new year is so refreshing to me.
Looking at your home, you may be wanting to try something new. New paint, new floors, new decor. I compiled a list of top trends for 2019....
1. Natural Materials- Concrete, wood, metals and stone just to name a few. Adding natural wood accents to decor, concrete statement pieces, and other natural textures will be popping up throughout homes.
Some of my favorite statement pieces to add to your existing decor:
2. Curves & Rounded Edges- You'll start seeing curves/rounded edges in furniture such as chairs and couches. Other pieces such as mirrors and frames will be curvy as well. Out with the straight lines- in with the curves.
Some of my favorite curved pieces:
3. Terrazzo- This confetti-like pattern was pretty popular back in the 80's, and it's coming back! The tiny bits of colored debris adds a pop to any room. Go simple with Terrazzo printed fabric for accent pillows, shower curtains, or window treatments. Go bold with stairs, counter tops, or backsplashes.
My terrazzo faves:
4. Green- Tropical themes, green leaf patterns and home vegetation. Decorating with house plants, both fake and alive will add a pop of green color and life into every space.
Some of my favorite "greens":
5. Matte Black. Incorporate this "in" color with door paint, floors, lighting, and other fixtures. Adds a classic touch to any home color scheme.
Some of my favorite matte black additions:
Hope this gives you some inspiration to freshen up your home for the new year.
Cheers to a new year, a new start, and new adventures!